Pages

Monday, November 18, 2013

Monday Message

Dear Parents,
 
I hope you had a wonderful weekend!
 
Last Friday I sent a letter home about our Thanksgiving Feast.  I meant to specify on the letter what item I would like you to donate. However, I did not mark on anyone’s letter. I am so sorry for any confusion that this may have caused. I sent a survey out today asking for you to sign up for an item. I have gotten several responses, so thank you. If you did not receive this survey, please let me know.
 
If you are still willing to help with the feast, you may still return the bottom of the sheet I sent home.
  
Sight Words – We are beginning our second rotation of sight words this week. This week I will be sending a letter home indicating which words they should study and what the expectations are for the weekly sight word tests on Fridays.  I am so pleased with how well the students are doing with their sight word recognition!  I also tested all students on their ability to write all 30 sight words and their work was amazing!  The students are working so hard at school and I also appreciate your support at home.  List one words this week are: I, like, see and list 2 words are: will, run, yes.
 
In writing, the students are working hard on writing a “True Story”.  Students are working on staying on topic and writing their story with a beginning, middle and end.  Many students are working on writing a sentence and using proper sentence structure.  I am encouraging students to continue to draw representational pictures to support their writing and to label their pictures.  The pictures and labels help make the writing easy to read and help them to stay on topic.  Please practice telling stories with a beginning, middle and end.

Upcoming Events this Week:
 
Wednesday 11-20-13 Blue Ribbon Assembly.  Please have your child wear a light weight shirt to school on Wednesday.  Students will be given a new t-shirt to wear and this will make it easier for them to slip their new shirt on over the clothes they wear to school. 

Friday 11-22-13 Warm up Night Volleyball game and Chili cook-off.

Tuesday 11-26-13 Thanksgiving Feast. 
 
Thanks and have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment